Dear Family,
Thanks for the letters, and special thanks to Jo. When I get home I'll liven things up for 5 days. The packages were a big hit, even though the chocolate Easter bunny didn't make it in good condition.
This week was fine. We had our interviews and zone conference. I gave my ultimo testimonio in the conferencia. I don't know why they call it that because being a misisonary you obviously bear your testimony more. We also had a baptism, Ricardo. He is an 8 year old kid, but we got to teach him and it counted for us because his parents aren't members, but he lives with his aunt and uncle, who are members. Disappointingly one of our baptisms for this next week fell in one of the commandments and won't be getting baptized. We still have 4 planned. We also have the activities in two wards, and a service project planned, so proselyting time is going to be short. I might also have my going home interview with Pdte Leyva this week, seeing that Monday there are about 25 missonaries going home that need to be interviewed, and the interviews are long. Since the office is only about 20 mintues walking from our room, the DL said he and I would probably have ours early.
School started up again here after extended vacation time due to the swine flu. By the way, we have discovered various types of fungus growing in our room, so my cold like symptoms are probably due to allergies. We did extensive cleaning this morning to try to get rid of it. Oh, the pensionista finally came back after her vacations too. This is kind of funny. She secretly had plastic surgery while she was gone, and was a little disappointed that her kids nor husband noticed. The doctor that did the surgery accidently left some gauze inside her nose, and she got really sick with infections due to having foreign obects in her. That's why Peruvian medicine/dentistry scares me. Another by the way, I've gained back some weight, and I'm just normal now, how I've always been.
I'm excited to come home, and I'm even excited to start classes again. Does the WRI by chance have any openings? I feel kind of bad, but I'm going to be an expensive child until I get a job and get back into the swing of normal life. Sorry about that. I am planning on only bringing home the clothes I'm wearing and p-day clothes and garments. I already promised my towels and sheets and missionary backpack to my comp. I am debating if I should bring my missionary blanket home. I am kind of attached to it, but it weighs a lot. And a lady in the ward asked if I had room to take a small package to her sister at BYU.
I love you all. I don't know if I'll write next week or not. But enjoy your potato chips and I'll see you in 9 days.
Love,Sarah
2 comments:
She must think we got potato chips in Antigo, instead of potatoes.
Our 'ultimo testimonio', which we never called that, really was ultimo, because we gave it in the transfer meeting. After that, it was back to the Mission Home, a last interview with the Pte., a lousy nights sleep (Some idiot kept turning on the AC in our room. Must have been an office elder), and a nice breakfast before we flew out.
Post a Comment