Christmas tree permit: $10
Time spent in line: 3 hours
Gas to get to the permit place: $5
Gas to get to the forest where we cut it down: $5
Sierra saw because we couldn't find one to borrow: $7.88 (but it's really cool, and I'm going to keep it for my camping adventures)
Time spent tromping around the forest trying to find the perfect tree, then cutting it with a little saw: 1 hour (the trunk was really wide)
Glass ball ornaments: $2.50
Disco ball ornaments: $1
Homemade ornaments: 2 hours and Jenae's craft supplies
Having an 8 foot Christmas tree that we cut down out of the forest: priceless
Check out our awesomely homemade ornaments. Plus, we didn't have a tree stand, and we didn't want to buy one, so we tied the tree to strategic locations in the room to keep it upright. I think it was a good idea.




3 comments:
Hey, where's a picture of the tree all set up and decorated?
Too funny that you tied it up. One year I hot glued our tree to the wall to keep it from falling over.
Ha! I knew tying it up was a good idea. Better than buying an expensive stand at least.
Post a Comment