Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tradition

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the traditions we have. After not being at home for about five Thanksgivings,it made this Thanksgiving a little more special to be able to be a part of the strong traditions I grew up with. Aside from the classic Thanksgiving dinner, here is how I spent my traditional Scoresby Thanksgiving weekend:

The Day-after-Thanksgiving craft. I participated in both the craft options, and I think they turned out pretty darn cute. Thanks Mom for supplying the crafting supplies and telling me the ribbon tree wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be.

Pies. As Scoresbys, we enjoy a special tradition: eating pie (for more info click here http://scoresbyscoreboard.blogspot.com/2009/10/thanksgiving-pie-plan.html). This year was especially great as there were 15 of us (including Lauren, who wanted her own pie) and 15 pies, therefore creating a 1:1 pie ratio. Delicious!


The Scoresby Scamper. Thanks to all those who supported this newer Scoresby tradition. After all my training, we all ended up getting lost and not following the course, except Shannon. She ran the whole thing (way to go Shan!). Thanks to Mom again for this year's souvenir.

Gamage. This is not only a holiday tradition, but happens whenever we get together. This Thanksgiving's favorites were the name game, Acquire (not my favorite), and ninja destruction!


It was nice to just get away from everything and spend time doing these things. But now it is time to get on with life and get ready for finals. Then I can make a visit back home for the Christmas traditions. More pie anyone?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I can't believe I missed out on more Ninja Destruction while I was working. How lame!

Margaret said...

See? You, too, can be crafty!

Emily said...

You forgot to mention hand claps.

:(

Shannon said...

Thanks Sarah! :) (Though I'm not sure I did, I just went where Ben told me...)

Shalyse said...

What did you use as a base for the ribbon tree? I see tiny pins which looks like it worked great. Did you use a styrofoam cone or something? It looks great!