Friday, December 4, 2009

My hero


I have a new role model. I was introduced to her by Janet when I got back from my mission and Janet tried to catch me up with what had happened while I was in Peru. She showed me a YouTube video from Britain's Got Talent. Every time I watch that video now I break out in a grin and wish the best to Susan Boyle. When she walked out on the stage everyone was against her--a frumpy old maid who wanted to become a famous professional singer. People laughed at her and rolled their eyes. She proved to them that she has the guts to stand in front of a judgmental crowd and show that she really does have talent. Thank you Susan Boyle for the humble way you shared your beautiful voice and reminded us that we should be less judgmental and kinder. If I had money I would go out and buy your chart-topping album.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sarah,
Well written! I love reading your blog.

Janet said...

One slight problem. It wasn't me that introduced you to her. I've never even seen that youtube video.

Sarah said...

yes it was. I'm pretty sure.