Saturday, December 12, 2009

Will the Real Ace of Cakes Please Stand?

You know how moms always blog about their children's birthday parties that they put together? Well, we threw a surprise party for Jenae today, Taco Bell themed. It came together pretty well, especially the awesome taco cake made by yours truly.


I made it with chocolate cake crumbs for the meat, green coconut for the lettuce, licorice for the tomatoes, colored icing for the cheese, and white frosting for the sour cream. I had planned on cooling the cake over something round to give it shape, but it just broke apart, so I used half on top, half on the bottom. It looked pretty darn good. At the party, however, most of us ate the leftover chocolate cake.

Add a Taco Bell party pack, Taco Bell balloons (thanks Taco Bell, I didn't even know you made balloons,) streamers, and a painted Taco Bell sign, and it was a real fiesta. Happy Birthday Jenae!

Yes Mom, even I can be crafty. Next time I'll put up a picture of my Christmas sweatshirt.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is disgusting. And AWESOME!

Margaret said...

Can't wait to see the Christmas sweatshirt.

Shannon said...

LOVE it. Great job Sarah! :)