Last week on a walk through the bookstore I had a craving for those delicious-yet-gross peanut butter taffies. Janet found some free ones, and they brought back some memories of trick-or-treating in the good ol' days. There are certain candies that always remind me of trick-or-treating.
(I loved these!)
When we went trick-or-treating in Rachel's new neighborhood (the rich neighborhood) we got these:
Of course, there were the non-conformists like the Bushongs who gave out dimes attached to some church card, or the weird people that gave out fruit. If you were cute enough, the neighbors would have you come inside so their family could look at you and they would give you good food. For some reason that happened less and less the older I got. Although my trick-or-treating days are long gone, I have fond memories of it, especially the gorging that went on after.


2 comments:
Which neighbor gave you candy cigarettes??
MMMM....candy cigarettes, you sure don't see those anymore! (I guess now that I'm older, I can see why! ;)
Post a Comment