Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Updates II

More things happened in the Wood family.  

Brian has been on a one year contract with BYU Broadcasting.  His boss told him in July that they were starting the paperwork to see if they could make his position permanent administrative, even though BYU is still on a hiring freeze.  We finally heard back last week, and...he got the promotion!  Yay!  

Yesterday was my birthday.  I received many lovely gifts, including a pencil from the Testing Center that says, "Happy Birthday from the Testing Center."  If I had known that you get pencils for taking tests on your birthday, I would have done that every year.  

I took my second biochemistry test.  I feel like I did much better.  I probably won't know my score for another two weeks.  

The check engine light came on in the Sentra not even a week after we bought it.  We took it in and the diagnosis was that the swirl valve chip needed to be reprogrammed.  We got the car back the same day, but we're minus a few hundred dollars for the repair.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Congrats Bwood! Way to get around that goofy hiring freeze. Sorry about the car. Sarah, did you tell them it was your birthday, or did it just come up when they scanned your card?