Monday, October 4, 2010

Updates

1.  We bought a second car.  Trying to find an appropriate car in our budget was not fun, but we're happy with what we got.  It's a 2005 Nissan Sentra with 50,000 miles on it.  It needs a few things to get it into top shape (new windshield wipers, floor mats, oil change, tires aligned).  I am already thinking of possible names.

( This is not our actual car.  It just looks like it minus the front license plate bracket and plus a couple scratches on the side.)

2.  It is the time of year for visiting teaching interviews in our ward.  Since I don't have an assignment, I happily passed along the interview sign-up sheet without signing up.  I got a call yesterday from the RS secretary to set up a time.  When I assured her I didn't need to go because I am not a visiting teacher, she let me know that actually I do have a visiting teaching assignment.  Nobody had bothered to tell me, and my companion never contacted me (if she knew she had an assignment.)  The secretary told me I could still have the interview so the presidency could get to know me better.

3.  We went to Kaysville Saturday afternoon and came back Sunday evening.  Brian's mom and I did some crafting projects while Brian and his dad worked on the pool and went to priesthood session.  Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the crafts, but some of you may be seeing one of the projects.  Here is the current state of the pool.



4.  I have been pondering what the plural of Twix is.  Is it Twices?

5.  School is rolling along.  I wish it were over already, but then I wouldn't have time to bring my biochemistry grade up enough to pass the class and graduate.  I better go study that now.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I like the car. I think you got a good deal. Perhaps you should forget pondering Twix and concentrate on biochemistry.

Margaret said...

PS. I saw a picture of your legs and feet standing by the pool on Brian's mom's facebook.

Joanna said...

It's the wrong time of year for a pool...unless they moved south to Arizona.

Sarah said...

In Minnesota it might be the wrong time of year, but we live in Utah.

Emily said...

You should name your car Guillermo.

Of if it is a girl, Guillermina.