Tuesday morning, campus was buzzing with talk of the blizzard that was to come. At lunchtime I got an email from BYU about it with a quote from the National Weather Service that said it would be a blizzard much bigger than anything we have seen for several years. Later in the day, I got 18 text messages, two phone calls, and one voice mail from BYU warning me about the blizzard and informing me that campus would be closed except for essential services, like the basketball games that evening. We kept waiting for the blizzard to come. This is what it looked like the next morning:
Last night we did get some real snow. We got 5 inches here in Provo, and up in Salt Lake over a foot of snow fell. We had an exciting, snowy drive to the airport and back late last night, but I was sad this morning when it was cleared up and BYU didn't close down.
2 comments:
I think that must be a metaphor for life. We invest way too much time and effort into worrying about insignificant things and the things that are of real importance sort of sneak in.
Wasn't that the lamest excuse of a blizzard you've ever seen?? I was pretty disappointed. Provo totally got the shaft.
Post a Comment