Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New calling

At tithing settlement last Sunday, the bishop asked how our callings were going.  I informed him that I did not have a calling.  Monday night the executive secretary called to ask if I could come in for an interview Tuesday.  Guess what calling I was extended?  That was fast work by the bishop.

If you are bored and want to continue your life long learning, check out this website.  Apparently, Independent Study offers free courses (not for credit) on all sorts of topics, from religious to temporal to spelling.  Some of them sound pretty interesting.  I can't decide which one I should do first after I finish my for-credit classes: Growing Vegetables, Fruits, and Nuts; The Citizen's Guide to American Politics; or Bowling.  I plan on eventually doing them all, although I don't know how helpful English as a Second Language--Chinese Speakers will be.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I started taking the American Politics class. It was fairly informative, but I got distracted and never finished it. Now that you've reminded me, perhaps I will finish the course!

I hope you like your new calling!

Margaret said...

Apparently, he didn't need to run it by the ward council! Hymnbook coordinator? Greeter? Primary substitute teacher? I envision something along the lines of smiling and petting the kitty.

Margaret said...

I have seriously contemplated taking the organ classes. Lots of the classes sound good, but some are funny. I definitely think everyone should be required to take the three spelling classes.

Joanna said...

Maybe I should take the classes.... Apparently, they finally have a calling in line for me. About time, 4 months later...

Jenae said...

My question is: How did/do they pick the people on the BYU independent study website. Excuse me sir, ma'am, would you mind being in our picture? You have the look of an independent study student, and we'd really love your face to be what people think of when they hear independent study. Also, can you put on this blue cloak, and sir, this white lab dress coat over your sweatshirt. Yes, yes. I think that's more what we were going for.

Janet said...

Shall we be compassionate together?