Since my birthday, Brian and I have been enjoying the Anne of Green Gables movies (yes, Brian enjoyed them too). I was playing around on the internet, and I found that a fourth Anne movie has come out! It is called Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning. I was really excited until I saw the rating and reviews. Users rated it 1 star with the following comments:
Kevin Sullivan has created a monster that spits on the grave of LM Montgomery!
Anne Shirley is an ORPHAN. She does not, as this film suggests, make up the story that she is an orphan (Walter Shirley did not indirectly kill his wife in a wagon accident and become a guilt-ridden absentee father). Anne was imaginative, yes, but she was not a liar.
Killing off Gilbert? Seriously? Making Marilla into a liar who kept things from Anne? Diana had next to zero part of the storyline? Even apart from those issues, this movie on its own doesn't hold up. Parts of the plot are never developed or explained. The pace is terribly slow.
If I could have given this a zero stars rating, I would have.
I bar Kevin Sullivan from ever stepping on another movie set. In fact I think they should banish him to Iceland.
The credits were good. It was such a relief to get to the end (even with fast forwarding it went on too long!)
Ouch. I guess I won't be buying that one.
4 comments:
Sad to find that somthing that sounds so fun is so bad.
I always knew Gilbert died!
Yeah, I thought Gilbert died anyway?
I'm pretty sure the one that die was probably Hilbert, Gilbert's 5th twin, Janet!
Post a Comment