I was sustained in my new calling, so now I can tell you what it is. If you guessed compassionate service committee you were right!
Also yesterday I had an NMS moment. NMS stands for National Merit Scholar, and it is a joke in my family that those who are smart academically often do dumb things. If you find yourself lacking common sense and doing stupid things sometimes, do not despair. It just means you are smart. Anyway, yesterday I got out the rice cooker to cook some rice to go with our meal. The sauce to go on the rice was on the stove, and I was trying to keep an eye on it while deciding how much rice to make. I pulled out all the accessories that we keep inside the rice cooker like the paddle and measuring cup, and I poured in one cup of rice. I measured out the two cups of water and poured it in, and promptly saw two cups of water with rice bits flowing all over the counter top and down onto the floor. Without thinking, I had taken out the pan of the rice cooker with the other stuff and therefore poured the rice and water directly into the electric heating part of the cooker. As a result, water and rice have ended up in all parts of the rice cooker and in all parts of the kitchen in general. As it has dried, we have been able to shake out a lot of the rice, but there are still places where the little rice grains have jammed themselves in. When the rice cooker dries completely, we'll plug it in to see if it still works. At least it wasn't plugged in when I poured water into it.
2 comments:
Oh no! haha. I hope your rice cooker survives. Have you ever turned the crock-pot on to cook a delicious meal only to realize an hour later that you forgot to plug it in? I have.
Today I made a chocolate cream pie. I had the filling all made and started pouring it into the graham cracker crust when I realized that I had never taken the plastic lid off the pie shell. No damage done--just a little more clean up.
Post a Comment