Today in pathophysiology we talked about cancer. After talking about the etiology, the occurance, and a few other things, we ended the class we talked about the different kinds of cancer, with quite graphic pictures. This is what I learned about melanoma:
The ABCs of melanoma
Assymetric
Border irregular
Color varies
Diameter bigger than 6mm (a pencil eraser)
Elevation
After teaching this, the professor noticed we were all looking at our skin, and he said, "I can see the Health Center is going to be busy tomorrow." I am a little nervous...but other than that the lecture made me think about going into cancer epidemiology. One of my life goals is to cure cancer...
4 comments:
cool
Just don't confuse melanoma with seborrheic keratosis! It's very common as people age, but it's nothing at all.
hey i learned the abc's of melanoma in class today too. except we didn't learn there was an E, so i refuse to look for that on my skin.
I thought your goal was to get married.
Post a Comment