Saturday, January 2, 2010

Confession


I admit that I am somewhat of a nerd. I mean, I did play with Dad's molecule set when I was a kid.  But I didn't know it was this bad.  Today I watched Star Trek...and I loved it.  Who knew that after all those years of making fun of Joseph for liking it, I would like it too?  It's exciting, it's clever, it's full of memorable characters, and it left me wanting to watch more.  Casting Chris Pine, the Princess Diaries 2 co-star, as Captain Kirk didn't hurt, of course.  But please, don't give me any model USS Enterprises yet; I'm not sure how to embrace this new dimension of nerdiness.  To Joe and Ben J., I'm sorry I doubted your good judgment.  So, live long and prosper.


5 comments:

Margaret said...

Haha...

Joanna said...

STOP BEFORE YOU GO ANY FARTHER!!!!!!!

I was almost tricked into watching Star Trek AGAIN last night. However, I was able to save myself.

You are right about Chris Pine, though.

Joe said...

Tracy liked it. She had trouble following it for the first oh, 25-30 minutes, then she caught on. She didn't quite catch the whole "franchise reboot" concept before the movie.

Margaret said...

I knew it, I knew that you were a nerd all along. That's why I call you a nerd like 3 times a day.(but I'm sure Chris Pine was an excellent choice.)

Margaret said...

That last comment was Janet, btw.